Recipe : Mac and Cheese
Friday, March 4, 2011 | 7:10 PM | 0 comments
Almost couple of day since my last entry about blog of the day, so this time I want to post about recipe. OMG! I thought it's quiet long I would not sharing about recipes that I learn from home ^^
Mac and cheese! Mac and cheese! It’s all I want for dinner. Argh! Five bucks for a bowl of mac and cheese? Gemuk la macam ni!! It’s for my lunch and a midnight snack since mac and cheese such a popular item in our house. So, I created this version to include greens and veggies and oodles of nutrients. And, would you believe it’s almost as quick to cook up as that boxed cheesy stuff? You’d better believe it!
- 1 pkg. egg noodles
- 3 c. fresh spinach, diced
- 2 T. butter
- 2 T. flour
- 1 1/2 c. chicken broth (vegetable broth is a good substitute if you want to make this vegetarian)
- 1 c. cheddar cheese
- 1 c. asiago cheese (or another sharp cheese of your choice)
- 1/2 c. diced ham
- 1 c. green peas, frozen
How to cook :
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add noodles and cook according to package directions.
- While noodles are cooking, melt butter in a large skillet, over medium-high heat.
- Stir flour into melted butter then slowly add the broth and whisk until flour & butter are completely dissolved.
- Cook just until mixture starts to boil. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Three to four minutes before the noodles are finished, add the peas to the pot of water.
- One minute before noodles are finished, add spinach and diced ham to the pot of water.
- Drain noodles, peas, & spinach, then transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Pour cheese mixture atop and stir.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!