Recepi : Cream Cheese Filled Carrot Muffins
Saturday, October 2, 2010 | 1:28 PM | 0 comments
- 4 carrots
- 1/2 c. walnuts
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 6 T. butter
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 T. sugar
How to make :
- Place carrots, walnuts and eggs in a blender. Blend until very, very finely ground.
- Transfer to a large bowl and beat in sugar and butter.
- Add flour, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder (double the amount of baking powder to 1 tsp. if you’re baking at low altitudes) and salt.
- Mix ingredients together, making sure not to overmix.
- Spoon into muffin tins, prepared with cupcake wrappers. In a small bowl, beat together cream cheese, egg yolk, and sugar. Spoon 1-2 teaspoons in the center of the carrot batter for each muffin.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until the centers of the muffins are set.